On Thursday 26 Sep 2002 10:18 am, FemmeFatale wrote:
> I did this a while bank... Loaded MDK all went fine.  Loaded another MDK
> install on a totally separate set of partitions.
>
> I thought of sharing /boot for both of the installs.  However I ran into
> a snag that says I don't have enough knowledge to do this.
>
> On installing the 2nd MDK, I found i could ONLY boot the silly "test OS",
> the 2nd MDK install.  The first one was not possible to boot.  Is there a
> simple way to do this?

Your 2nd install must have overwritten the original LILO so I guess all you
have to do is add the entry for your first installation to /etc/lilo.conf
in your 2nd MDK.  Just look for the correct vmlinuz in /boot and don't
forget to run lilo after making the changes.

BTW this is assuming you didn't format the /boot partn during your 2nd
installation.

Sharrea
--
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better" so I installed Linux.