On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:10:57 -0500
Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You're talking about the tmp folder in / correct?  It has a bunch of socket
> files in it.  I also see a folder called mcop-chris and mcop-root.  Inside of
> the mcop-chris is Arts_audiomanager which was installed the other during
> security updates.  There are also 4 folders owned by root.  So its ok to just
> remove the contents of the /tmp folder?

yup. log out of X, just in case, go to runlevel 3, (as root, "telinit 3")
and then go into /tmp and "rm -rf *" ( MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSIDE /tmp ).

Oh, and it that doesn't help, try deleting hidden directories that
contain configuration files for gtk apps. ( like .gconf, .gnome, etc.)
you will possibly lose some of your config (like which theme you are
using for GTK and such) but it takes little time to restore those.

HTH

Damian
--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?