If you really want to do that, then go for it.  I highly suggest you don't though.  Even though it's a pain at first, wade through the menus and read the file descriptions.  It's educational to say the least.  If you don't think you need it, then don't install it, you probably don't.  Skip all the packages beginning with "lib" because the libraries will be automatically selected as depenencies by any packages that require them.
The way I install mandrake these days is on the first package menu, I select all the groups on the left (except development)  Then go to the list view and select kernel source (which will automatically select kernel headers etc.) and install.  If you need packages later, you can use software manager to install them.
Hope this helps

Todd

Neal D. Becker wrote:
I'm just trying out mdk-9.0.  I don't see an easy way to just say
"install everything".  In the past I've always used redhat.  With
RH7+, it's safe to just install everything (it doesn't actually
activate all the stuff just because you installed the packages).

Is it safe to install everything in Mandrake 9?  Is there any way to
do it without wading through endless menus?