On Friday 27 September 2002 10:12 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>     What kind of program we can run on Linux using Win4Lin?  I would
> expect some program like Office to work but how about program that
> demand some kind of special communication with the hardware?  For
> example a DVD writer program, a sound card program.  My sound card
> (Turtle Beach) works in Linux but the voice is so low and flat.  I'm
> wondering whether using Win4Lin, I would be able to run the setup
> program from Turtle Beach to get a better sound?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vinh N. Pham
just an opinion, but linux runs soooo much better using it's own filesystems
and partitions, that you miss running linux as an emulator. give it it's own
install and partitions, and really see it fly, and use the utilities as they
were designed to be used. the filesystems and lower level stuff that win4lin
fakes with M$ really some of what make linux so damn good. just install it
from a cold boot with the cd in the cdrom reader, and it works so smooth you
(like most of us) will only go back to M$ when forced (or coerced for money)