robin wrote:

> Vinh N. Pham wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    I'm trying to install Windows Fonts to MK 9.0.  I had done this
>> sucessfully before with MK8.2.  However, this time, after the copying
>> windows font step (to whatever directory I don't know), the drakfont
>> GUI hang there forever without doing the conversion and other steps.
>> I tried to install Windows fonts from a directory but it doesn't work
>> either.
>>    Anyone has a way to fix this or a way to install and convert the
>> font manually?
>

> I've found Drakfont will sometimes hang for ages, irrespective of the
> version.  Sometimes it eventually gets the job done; sometimes it has
> to be put out of its misery.  Are you sure you didn't install new
> Windows fonts between tries with Drakfont -usally it's a font it
> doesn't like which makes it hang.
>
> Sir Robin

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Hi,
    I did install some fonts for Windows between the 2 tries.  However,
I forgot what font I installed.  All of them works fine under Windows
though because right after I install fonts, I tested it.
    That come to the question how I can manually, or semi automatically
convert fonts to Linux.  What I mean by manually is what specific
command line I have to type for each step of the process.  That way it
would be easier for me to spot out the font that cause the trouble.
    For the semi automatic approach, I edited the /etc/fstab file to
remove the mount to the NTFS file system and copy the fonts to a ext3
directory.  Drakfont some how stubbornly refuse to install the font from
my directory.  It keeps saying it can't find any windows font in
directories /win*/fonts.
    Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks
Vinh N. Pham