Hmmm.  I have a small server/firewall to build and thought I might try
the GUI's for setting it up.  For previous boxes I've just used
Bastille.

Anyway, having got the ADSL connection happening and run the Internet
Connection Sharing wizard, all looks fine.  Run the firewall wizard - no
more internet access.  Switch off ICS - access is back.  Switch on ICS,
but switch off firewall - access is back.

I have not delved into this, but it looks like this is an either/or
option.  Looks like it's back to Bastille or gShield or whatever.  Not a
problem for me, but for those without experience setting up LANs and
ICS, not pretty.   ...and aren't those the very people these wizards are
designed to help?

I still like just about everything else about 9.0 though.  Nice job!

cheers
Brian