Hi All
Has anyone tried the nvidia drivers for mdk9.0 from MandrakeClub - the new
ones that just came out yesterday?  I can't get them to work but I'm
wondering if its just me.

The docs say the file
/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdkenterprise/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver must
exist but its not there.  Also in /dev there's supposed to be nvidia0,
nvidia1, nvidia2, nvidia3, etc but there was only nvidia0 and nvidiactl.
The error message is
"(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVdriver kernel module!"
then something about screens found but no usuable config.

lsmod showed NVdriver was loaded.  I did a modprobe on NVdriver and rebooted
several times too.

Simply uninstallling the rpms and changing the XF86Config-4 file back to
"nv" gave me a working X server again.  I tried choosing different monitor
and resolution settings but that didn't help (generally 1024x768 16bit).  I
had the nvidia drivers working with 8.1 no problemo.

I'll try the "NvAGP" option in the morning but right now its late and I'd
better get some shut-eye.  Any help/advice much appreciated.

Sharrea
PS. GeForce2 GTS Pro 64MB on Athlon 1GHz with Soltek SL-75KAV mobo
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today