Thanks Steve

I have joined the extensive list of people you have generously shared your
knowledge with.

I was aware of the Mandrake 486 issue and am planning to use RH 5.2 or 6.0.

Another question - if I have a 486 machine with compatible soundcard, can a
programme running on the server feed its audio output to the 486 client?

Aaron