Don't now why, but I had the same problem with a "Phillips Brilliance 15A"
monitor - only with that monitor type !

Ronny

-----Original Message-----
From: l.biagiotti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: donderdag 3 oktober 2002 13:11
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] New to the list.

Thanks for the ad Franki, but unfortunately the first thing I tried was the
test you're suggesting so:
800x600 - 256 does not work (or does weird things), while changing some
settings in the "server options" (under "expert mode") such as "linear" -
"Fifo conservative" etc. did the trick but Mandrake won't keep these
settings.
Finally:
What I'm talking about here is not just the fact that I can't get any res
higher than 640x480, but also that THIS res. is acting wildly. My desktop
goes OUT of the screen area, and so do any window that I open ... so I'm
pretty sure that this is not a problem related to the video card but rather
some strange driver-related (?) problem ... or isn't it?

Lorenzo