I just got done installing 9.0 for my home network.  Im running a simple home
network.  I am using a standard 10/100 nic for my network.  I am using a
Cisco PCI 350 aironet 802.11b card for my broadband internet connection.  I
use to run mandrake 8.2 with no problems.  I did a clean install of 9.0 and
have not been able to get internet sharing to work.  Prior to configuring ics
under network and internet settings in mandrake control center, I could
access the internet on my 9.0 box.  After configuring ics i loose all
internet access.  After fiddling with it for a while I noticed that when I
enabled ics that shorewall is installed and that the gui interface for
firewall under mandrake control center shows that all setting or ports are
blocked.  The funny thing about it is that when i disable all firewall
settings under mandrake contol center>>>>>> my ics is now disabled.  It does
it on its own.  I have tried many things and have not had any luck.  I'm
pretty much a newbie to linux so I have not tried to manually adjust anything
yet.  I thought I would look for some help first with the mailing list.

Any help appreciated

Thanks,

Gary