Hi... I never use Mandrake for Server that have a
heavy load. usualy I use slackware or debian for
server that needed a heavy load. can I use mandrake
for this server, I still doubt the mandrake can do
that, because, i think mandrake just for medium bisnis
or workstation. may be you can give me a sugestions...
?

Thank you...

TEddy

--- Erylon Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 04 October 2002 12:10 pm, you wrote:
> > While installing Linux or setting up my network, I
> gave my linux server the
> > same name as a computer I already had on my
> network. Does anyone here know
> > how I can change the name of my computer so that
> the right name shows up
> > when I use LinNeighborhood and Samba?
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can give.
> >
> > Eric Jackson
>
> Start Menu>Configuration>Netconf  [type the root
> password]>accept>Host name
> and IP network devices  {and there you are}.
>
> Also check your /etc/samba/smb.conf file and change
> the netbios name there
> and your other machines /etc/samba/lmhosts file
> should also contain your new
> machine name--so should /etc/hosts.  Also check the
> text file
> /etc/sysconfig/network and be sure the hostname gets
> changed there, too.

MandrakeSoft?