Hi Mark,
     Not sure about your vid card problem.  Is it listed as supported?  As far
as the boot problem goes, when you deleted your partitions, you did not change
your boot record.  Lilo is lookinf for your old kernel which of course, no
longer exists.  Use your boot disk to get in, and as root type /sbin/lilo.
That should rerun lilo and allow it to find the new kernel.  Next time you
reboot, you shouldn't have a problem
Mike

================================
"Mark Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,<br><br>I an newbie to Linux (2 out of 10 on the learning curve), although
been trying to install/upgrade a pc with Linux-Mandrake 6.0 and am <br>having
a few problems. I would be greatful for any suggestions/insights on <br>the
following points.<br><br>The system was previously installed with Win95, I
then managed to install <br>RedHat Linux 5.1 and get Lilo to manage the dual
boot quite happily. 5.1 <br>seemed to have some problems with my
network/graphics hardware so I never <br>took that version any
further.<br><br>After seeing recent reviews of RedHat 6.0 I decided to give
linux another <br>go. I deleted and re-created the three linux partitions on
the hard disk, <br>ran the standard Linux-Mandrake install and all worked
well. I also created <br>a Linux boot disk as part of the
the Lilo that I installed with RedHat 5.1 would keep <br>working, now when I
boot the PC from the hard disk it just displays LI (I <br>assume from the LILO
prompt) and the PC hangs. I can boot Linux from the <br>boot disk that was
created during the install, but I can't get to my old <br>Win95 setup.<br>How
have a Hercules Terminator 128 3D graphics card in this PC (It was on
to <br>be able to get a standard VGA / SVGA display running.<br>I must have
been through XConfigurator 20 times by now, trying different <br>options, but
whenever I try to StartX I just get error messages.<br>Does any one have any
experience with this board or is there some way to do <br>a standard VGA/SVGA
install for X?<br><br>Thanks In
Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com<br>

http://webmail.netscape.com.