Hi,

> I've just installed Mandrake Linux 9.0 and I am quite impressed.  I
> just have one problem, when I try to configure autologin in Mandrake
> control center to start up IceWM instead of the KDE that I initially
> picked the changes do not stick.  When I reboot the machine it
> continues  to load up KDE even though the system mode desktop I have
> selected shows  IceWM.  Is there a config file that I can edit?  Any
> help would be much  appreciated.

I think it's like this because you're most probably using the K login
manager and if it's configured for autologin to KDE then it doesn't
care about any MDK autologin settings.
You first need to go into the K Control Center, disable the autologin
feature from there, save/quit, start MCC and configure the new
autologin settings.

--
HTH
Roman