i did this recently
i used gramofile, a command line prog, it was great except that sometimes it
failed to identify the correct gaps between tracks, when this happenned i
loaded the wav file it recorded into audacity to split it up, gramofile can
apply some filters such as nose and crackle reductuion to the recording,
conversion to mp3 - or ogg! is done seperately however you wish
don't know if it's on either of those cds but there is a mandrake package
'cos i got it from cooker - gramofile-1.6-4mdk
gramofile seems a better bet than plain old 'rec' because my limited
understanding of these things is that recording from the line in with it is
less subject to 'stuttering' due to disk access,
of course you could use audacity mentioned above to do the recording if you
need a gui but that doesn't/didn't have the filters and track finding built in

bascule

--
'People need vampires,' she [Granny] said. 'They helps 'em remember what
stakes and garlic are for.'