I had very problems with gcc 2.96 and gcc 3.0 at time. The kernel compilation never

funtion. The only solution was delete gcc 3.0

 Peter Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

I have a driver package for my intel 536EP modem which contains a cor binary compiled with gcc2.96.
I tried to install gcc2.96 to compile this package but received the following error message:-

file /etc/colorgccrc from install of gcc2.96-colorgcc-2.96-0.80mdk conflicts with file from package gcc-colorgcc-3.2.1mdk

I had read that both gcc2.96 and gcc3.2 could be installed at the same time and the link from /usr/bin/cc changed to point to whichever was required.

Have I done something wrong or is there a way round this?

Thanks in advance

Pete

---