Hello All,

Just signed up to this list, and naturally I have a question.

I'm having a strange problem with PPP and LAN

Here the machine info

AMD 333, 128 megs memory
3com NIC card
Hardware modem. (No not a win-modem)
Mandrake 9.0  Fresh install.

I set up the modem and my dial-up info first,  I can connect to the
internet and surf till I puke with no problems

I then set up my LAN.  I've connected the Linuxbox to a Laptop running Win
2k pro.  Just simple peer to peer

   192.168.100.100 Laptop
   192.168.100.101 Linux
   255.255.255.0 Subnet

I could not continue with the LAN setup unless I specified DNS and Gateway,
so I used.

   192.168.1.1  dns
   192.168.1.2  Gateway

NOW.

I can ping the laptop,  I can ping Linux from the laptop.  Great no problems

I decide to dial up to the internet,  It dials up and connects fine.  I
load Konqeror and can't surf the net,   It appears that the browser is
trying my LAN connection and not the dialup..

So,  I reboot and everything is fine.  Next day,  boot up, and I can't surf
the net again.   I go back to network and internet settings,  everything
looks fine,  back out by clicking ok and what do you know.  I can surf the
net again.

It seems that I have to go to Network and Internet settings first, click ok
then I can LAN and surf the net at the same time..   Any Idea's?

Sean

http://mail2web.com/ .