Brandon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith:

> what do you mean by mount? sorry im new.

A CD, a floppy disk, and hard drive partitions are
all file systems. In order for Linux to access any
given file system, you must first "mount" it. That
is to say, you must tell Linux what you're mounting,
where it is, what type of file system it is, and
where you would like it to exist on your system.

Aside from Linux hard drive partitions, all mounted
file systems are usually in /mnt. On my system:

/mnt/cdrom   is my CD burner.
/mnt/win_c   is my Winsux partition.
/mnt/camera  is my SmartMedia reader.
/mnt/iso     is where I mount ISO images.

When you boot your computer, file systems are mounted
according to a file called /etc/fstab, which stands
for [f]ile [s]ystem [tab]le. Once your system is booted,
you can mount or unmount most of your FSes. Some you do
with a command (such as my SmartMedia card reader) while
others such as CDs are umounted automatically by Linux
using what's called supermount.

Anyway, because an ISO image is a picture of a file system,
you can mount it so that Linux has access to its files. Once
you do that (and someone already gave you the command) you
can navigate the ISO image the same as you would any CD.

Miark