Hello everybody!

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ CPU on a K7S5A motherboard with AMIBIOS,
if that makes any difference.

I install Mandrake 9.0 ok, but when I reboot and try to boot in Linux I get:

Running DevFs daemon: [OK]
Unmounting initrd: [OK]
Configuting kernel parameters: [OK]

And that's it - it freezes there. I get exactly the same when I try
booting linux-nonfb, and when I try failsafe I get:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't find module fb0
Unmounting initrd: [OK]
Configuting kernel parameters: [OK]

And it freezes again. I thought there may have been a glitch in the
installation, so I tried it again - same results. I even get the X test
working in the installation, so that shouldn't be it...

I'm absolutely lost at what I should try next, so I'm open to any kind
of suggestions!

I tried looking through the mailing list archives on mandrake.com, but
they're only available up to September, so if this has already been
answered in October, please direct me to a more recent archive or
copy/paste the reply in an e-mail. :)

Thank you!

Bogdan

Mail scanat cu RAV Antivirus!