Marco Verheul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks all, I got the picture. I'll stick with Jim's suggestion to
> uncheck that option in Mozilla for unwanted popups and let the matter
> rest.

If you are curious, try running nmapfe. nmap is a scanning tool - it
will tell you what ports on your machine are open. nmapfe is a
graphical frontend to nmap. You do not have to be root to run them,
but some options are only available to root.

If you have lots of suspicious ports open, you might want to look into
locking down your box a bit. If nothing suspicious shows up, you can
continue to connect with a bit less worry.

--
Chris Spackman
Tue Oct 15 07:38:15 JST 2002

******** random quote ********