No... Supermount works just fine for me.

You did 'cd /mnt/cdom' before trying to urpmi *   I hope  (urpmi *.rpms aint
gonna work)

In any case here is  the ***Tip of the day for newbies***

In 9.0 clicking on an RPM within Konqueror causes Kpackage to open, and you
can then install the RPM by highlighting it and clicking install etc.

KPackage is very slow, and is 'over the top' if all you want is to install the
RPM.

If you open KDE ControlCentre>FileBrowsing>FileAssociations
type 'rpm' inthe search box then look at the file association 'x-rpm' you will
see Kpackage is the default application associated with RPMs.
Select 'SoftwareInstaller' and move it up the list to the top.

Now when you click on an RPM you will see a little box asking for root
password, and then the RPM will be installed quickly and neatly.

derek