Dear All,

I have setup my /etc/modules.conf as suggested for via onboard 8233
sound and still no sound for mp3, midi, most system sounds. Is there
anything else I could check or do? Would I be better off to get the
latest alsa source and compile myself? I do not want to go that far if
it will not make a difference. I know this can work. I do not give up
easily. It certainly worked in 8.2 except I had to do some interesting
adjustments to make it work. This time those adjustments do not work in
LM9. If I could get this sound to work it would not be a bad distro. I
am having alot less problems with it than LM8.2 except for sound and
usb.:( Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank
you for all of your suggestions everyone. They did not work yet, and I
do appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Marcia