Béla,

Thanks for such a speedy reply!

Here's what I have currently loaded and showing off of the 'Development' menu of KDE (MDK 9.0):

Off of 'Development environments'

Glade
IDLE

Off of 'Tools'

Bug-buddy
Cervasia (CVS Frontend)
Gdb
KBabel (Translation Tool)
Kbabel - Catalog Manager
KBabel - Dictionary
KBugBuster (KDE Bug Management)
Kdbg
Kompare (Diff/Patch Frontend)

I have no idea what most of these are for; my guess is that some are for developing the KDE environment and others are related to some acts of programming (debugging tools.) I do not see KDevelop under any of my menu choices, so I must not have picked it when I was choosing what packages to install. Am I assuming correctly that by installing that program, all necessary applications that support it will be also installed, like a dependency?

I will check into Rhide, but would rather stay away from console-level management of my programming until I am comfortable with my skills and understanding of the creation process. Otherwise, I would be able to use the GNU stuff that is so readily available, right?

Is Kylix3 a commercial product that will need to be purchased? I have never known Borland to ever give anything away for free. I will do a Web search on this, as well.

Thanks, Béla. I have a starting point. If you have any follow-up suggestions, or new ideas, please let me know! :-) (You can send that via my email address, unless someone else is interested in this?)

Bela Markus wrote:
Hi,

there are several options.

You can use KDEVELOP as a GUI under X, or RHIDE which is a character
oriented console IDE, like BORLAND's TURBO C or TURBO PASCAL.

Another possibility is BORLAND's KYLIX3 which support C/C++, not only
DELPHI/PASCAL.

Béla