On Sunday 13 October 2002 3:43 am, Dennis Myers wrote:
> I tried this back in 8.0 and ran afoul of all the cotton picken
> dependencies, so thought I would try it again in 9.0 and guess what,
> dependency after dependecy. I tried the PLF rpms and I will spend all
> afternoon hunting down and satisfying dependencies.  Xine works so why
> bother with mplayer?  Is there something about it that makes it worth  a
> days hunt and d/ling? Curious.

I think that this has already been posted but http://www.trylinuxSD.com/dvd/
has a very good walk-through. I have mplayer, ogle and xine installed and I
generally use the first two (for playing dvds). Mplayer has excellent video
and sound quality and also plays a vast number of formats (including wmv).
Make sure you specify a cache if you play dvds though.