From: "Joseph Braddock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] 9.0 - KDE3 doesn't start

> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:29:05 +0200
> "Markus Bela" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just installed 9.0 from scratch. When start KDE, I get an error
message
> > that "/home/user/.DOCP..... list doesnt exist.."
> >
> > What the hell is this? I installed MDK several times but have never seen
> > such a message.
> >
> > Bela
> >

> When you installed from scratch, did that include /home?  It's possible
that if your user directory already existed and you reinstalled Mandrake
(any linux) that if the /home/username is the same as your user id, you
don't have permissions in it.  If you think this might be the case, as root
you can type chown -R userid /home/userdirectory and that will reset the
ownership of the home directory.

----