i had this with a panasync, in X if i altered the brightness the noise would
disappear, it happened after i upped my nvidia drivers and went after i upped
them again but i can't say for sure that video drivers were the problem

bascule

--
"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
should on no account be allowed to do the job."

- Some wisdom from The Book.