Oh yes, I forgot. Also check The Linux Documentation Project, you might be able to download a book on the subject from there. www.tldp.com

Good luck.

Hesham

From: "Hesham Khonji" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] learn to system program Linux
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:29:36 +0000

I bought the book "Linux Programming By Example". If you know nothing about the topic, and would like a starting point, I recomment the book. The book is quite basic, but you should be familiar with C. The book point you towards the right direction, and from then on you can use the man pages for help. I simulated the dining philosopher problem with processes using info I got from this book. Good luck!

Hesham

P.S. before buying the book, make sure to check it out at amazon