On Tuesday 29 October 2002 09:40 am, you wrote:
> Hey, Everyone,
>
> It has become quite obvious to me that I am not receiving every post made
> to this listserv. I think this is a very probable diagnosis when someone
> has posted a reply to someone else's post and I never got the original post
> the reply was an answer to. I have also noticed that about 1/3 of what I
> post myself never makes it back to me as hitting the listserv. A couple of
> times I have seen someone post a reply with my post quoted, and I never saw
> that post of mine on the listserv. This very frustrating, more so when an
> important answer is awaiting someone's question and I can't tell if anyone
> replied. This listserv is such a valuable learning tool for me, so I have
> to wonder what I may be missing.

I've had this problem a lot. I think some of it may (or may not) be my ISP. I
don't think they have mega storage space, and delete (or don't hold" mail for
me very long. I'm not sure but I think some ISP's impose a size limit on your
mailbox.

Having said that, I have to say that since I switched to
postfix/fetchmail/procmail instead of just using Kmails' pop3 retrieval, it
seems like I get more mail. It could be subjective though.

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                  Dark< >Lord