Derek Jennings wrote:

On Wednesday 30 Oct 2002 5:50 am, aaron wrote:

Hi I just finished installing mandrake 9.0 and am a bit bewildered.
I look at /mnt/cdrom and in konqueror I see a lock on the icon. My scsi
cdrom drive also has a lock on it. I can't access the drive from the
command line. I can't chmod I can't chown. I have one cddrive with no
lock on it but the disc shows all the content locked????
I am guessing this is due to the supermount but don't see any
documentation on this.

Is there a CD in the drive?
(Not an audio CD, as that is not a file system and cannot be browsed.)

derek

You bet and I tried a few. I had just deleted debian (too much bother at this stage in my life)
they worked fine then. In mandrake 8 all was fine. I am seeing a picture of a lock on the icons and also on the contents on the inserted cd of the one drive that doesn't have the lock!!!!

thanks