Langsley T Russell wrote:
If offered the choice of downloading src, i586, ppc, or alpha Mandrake
rpm versions of the same program which should I select for a Pentium 2
based PC running ML8.2? And why? Or does it matter?
You want i586, which is compiled for Intel/Athlon CPUs. ppc and alpha packages are compiled for different computers and src isn't compiled at all, it's the source code for making your own RPM (which for some reason isn't working for me at the moment: "/usr/lib/rpm/rpmb: No such file or directory")

Sir Robin

--
"A free man ought not to learn anything under duress.
Compulsory physical exercise does no harm to the body,

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University
Ankara 06533