Title: RE: [newbie] Shorewall vs. Bastille

So far Paul I can not get Bastille to run in 9.0, not even the latest and greatest, compiles to the end then says 9.0 is not currently supported. So Shorewall or IPCOP are your current choices. Shorewall is "in there" so that is the one I would try first. HTH

Dennis M.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Paul Rodriguez
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 9:39 AM
To: newbie
Subject: [newbie] Shorewall vs. Bastille

If I upgrade my Mandrake box from 8.2 to 9.0 what steps should I take to
integrate these 2 firewalls.  Since I am currently running Bastille, can
I turn of bastille and turn on shorewall?  Absent the hardening
features, will this present me a good firewall?  Will turning "off"
bastille, and the changes it makes to iptables have any effect on
shorewall?  Thank you.

- Paul