I am thinking of buying a portable MD player Sony MZN707 and was wondering if it will work in mandrake 9?

I had a look at the Iriver IFP-180 128 MP3 player but it seems it will not work under linux and the company does not intend to support linux. So that rules it out.

Are there any info sites which specifically deal with portable devices such as these in linux?
I am presuming that the usb port will read device when connected but is there any problems recording data or transfering the data I should be aware of?

Thanks

Mark