On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 12:47, H. Carter Harris wrote:
> I have an almost virgin install of ML8.2 running and I am trying to bring up
> some sever applications.  So far the only one I have in a usable state is
> TightVNC and though I haven't tuned it the way I want it ... it is running
> nicely.  I have the box on a private IP address and the router is using NAT
> to send VNC requests to the box.
>
> During the install, Apache, BIND, and PostFix and MySQL were installed with
> defaults and now I want to use them.

<snip>

> Here is one problem I keep running into:  I can't find stuff.  For example,
> Webmin was also installed on this system (after the initial install) from
> the Mandrake CDs.  I executed it when I was infront of computer so I think
> it is working.  Then for documentation I go to the webmin site and they tell
> me the rpm installs this application in /usr/libexec/webmin.  When I go
> there and try to list the files; there is no such folder.
>
> I want to configure webmin to run under apache.  I locate the documentation
> for putting webmin in a virtual folder and the first sentence says:  "Create
> a new Apache virtual server with the document set to the directory where you
> installed Webmin".  How do I find out where that was done?

presuming that slocate has also been installed at a root prompt:

locate webmin

you should get a list of every path that incudes 'webmin'

if the only response is a new prompt,since you think webmin is installed
already:   type:     updatedb

wait for prompt, it could take a minute....then try:      locate
webmin     again....

HTH
--
Erik