Peter Watson wrote:

> I am using KDE 3.0 on LM 9.0.
>
> The monitor power saving features (standby, suspend and power off ) were
> working fine except that they interfered with ripping a DVD which went on
> for a long period and so I disabled them from Configure>KDE>Power
> Control>Energy.
>
> After succesfully ripping the DVD I tried to re-enable Power Saving but no
> luck, the screen never blanks. A bit of digging showed that when trying to
> re-enable the menu's command  "kcmshell energy" puts rubbish in file
> ~/.kde/share/config/kcmdisplayrc, I have edited this to be the same as
> /usr/share/config/kcmdisplayrc ie
> ======================================
>
> [DisplayEnergy]
> displayEnergySaving=true
> displayPowerOff=45
> displayStandby=15
> displaySuspend=30
>
> =====================================
>
> but still no screen blanking. The other apparent fault is that
> ~/.kde/share/config/kcminitrc is completely blank ie 0kb and I don't know
> what it should contain.
>
> If anyone can give me any pointers onthis problem or post the contents of
> their ~/.kde/share/config/kcminitrc I would be very grateful.
>
> Regards Pete
> Ardnamurchan  Scotland
>###########################################################
Hi Pete, my ~/.kde/share/config/kcminitrc is 0kb also.
My /usr/share/config/kcmdisplayrc is the same as yours.
However, ~/.kde/share/config/kcmdisplayrc contains only the following:
[X11]
exportKDEColors=false

My power management seems to be working OK. I'm using KDE 3 on LM 9.0 as well.

Hope this helps.

--Angus

How do you destroy a righteous person? Give him or her one follower! --ancient
Cherokee saying (fr. "Earth Medicine" by Jamie Sams)