Ok thanks Derek, that helps my understanding alot.  I got that line in
crontab.  It shouldn't be as much of a problem.  I wonder if anyone could
make this program run in smaller parts over the course of a whole day.
Wouldn't that make it much more inconspicuous on the system?
oh well thanks for the tips
-Noah