thanks, derek ...

it occurs several times a day at seemingly random
times ...

i've looked in /var/log/ and i can't figure out where
imap is writing ... is it messages? or mail? or
somewhere else?

also, i don't know how to determine which imap is
running ... it installed by default with engardelinux
..

thanks for the continued help.

--- Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you are losing connection to an IMAP client it is
> your IMAP server which
> has the issue not Postfix. Which IMAP server are you
> using?
>
> Does this happen at the same time every day? If so
> your IMAP server may have a
> cron job, or an entry in /etc/logrotate.d  which is
> 'tidying up' every day
> and restarting the server.
>
> derek
>

> On Thursday 07 Nov 2002 1:59 pm, Kenn Murrah wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >

> > I've just set up a postfix mail server on an
> Engarde
> > (community) Linux box ... The good news is that is
> > works ALMOST all the time :-)
> >

> > But periodically (for no reason that I can find),
> the
> > mail server seems to shut down, giving the client
> an
> > error like "IMAP connection to server has been
> broken"
> > ... it's not a client issue, because when it
> happens,
> > ALL users attempting to access mail get a similar
> > message, regardless of platform ...
> >

> > Any ideas what's wrong?  I'm wondering if my linux
> box
> > itself (with only one NIC being used) might  be
> part
> > of the problem ... Would the problem go away if I
> used
> > two NICs, one for my connection to the outside
> world,
> > and one for connection to my intranet??? (that may
> be
> > totally irrelevant, but I'm grasping at straws
> here)
> >

> > And course, the answer may lie in the logs ... but
> I'm
> > far too much of a newbie to know what I'm looking
> for
> > in them...
> >

> > Any and all help would be appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Kenn Murrah

> > U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive greatest hits videos
> > http://launch.yahoo.com/u2
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?