On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 09:56, Prasad, Ram (CAP, CORP Contractor) wrote:
> Hi Steve ,
>
> how do i run mouseconfig from console..how do i see mouse hardware from browser..
>
> Could you please tell me what steps i have to do..
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Ram
Mate, here's something a quick solution:
Boot into your linux system. If you have a graphical login, hit
CONTROL-ALT-F2 or CONTROL-ALT-BACKSPACE - you'll get to a text login.
Now, login. After login, type mouseconfig (if that doesn't bring up the
config util, you can try either /sbin/mouseconfig or
/usr/sbin/mouseconfig)

Follow the steps as presented - making SURE you're choosing either the
Logitech mouse that matches the one yer using, or the closest match to
the USB version you've got.

After that - unless you get errors - either restart by typing reboot, or
power off by typing poweroff...THAT should do ya...lemme know what
happens Ram!
Cheers!
--
Fri Nov  8 10:20:00 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389

Shannon's Observation:
        Nothing is so frustrating as a bad situation that is beginning to
        improve.