not to sound like a commericial for the Mandrake Club, but I never could get
the NVidia drivers working on my dual CPU w/a Gforce4, Ti4400, until the
Mandrake club RPMs, and after downloading and running the drivers from the
club, I am smoking. if I start glX gears from a command prompt,

18111 frames in 5.0 seconds = 3622.200 FPS
22241 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4448.200 FPS
21559 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4311.800 FPS
21008 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4201.600 FPS

I Like it