I had posted a message earlier, but I forgot to place a Subject. Only one
person answered me, but it wasn't enough to get things going. Here's my
problem...

I am subscribed with Videotron (Montreal, Quebec). I installed Linux on its
own HD, I swap this one and another with Win95. When doing this, I enter the
Bios, change HD detection and set PnP OS to no (I installed Linux this way).

During installation, I was prompted if I wanted to install networking. I
answered YES, specified my NIC as an NE2000 compatible (it's an SMC 1660
ISA), specified 0x340 for the io and 9 for the IRQ. At boot, it finds eth0
information with this message...

"NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x340: 00 e0 29 35 f6 a8
eth0: NE2000 found at 0x340, using IRQ 9"

...but I then get a ...

"Determining IP information for eth0... Operation Failed"

I've tried everything I could find to set up the network, but nothing does
it. I've looked through
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Cable-Modem.html
for anything that may help me, but I am missing something. And I thought NT
Networking was a pain...

If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it soo much. If I am missing some info
that someone needs to decipher this, let me know and I'll post it.  Thanks
in advance,

Rendus