On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 16:51, Ibly Piblo wrote:
> I can't set up a cron job, either cron or
> webmin is broken.
>
> I try to make it play an mp3 file, with the
> command mpg123 -b 3000 /home/ipiblo/music.mp3
> and all it can do is tell me the "home environment
> variable is not set?"
>
> How useless.
>
> It always worked back in 8.2, I don't
> understand why its broken, more important,
> how do i fix this?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated, my computer
> is my alarm clock and I have to be up for work
> tomorrow.
>
> Thanks to all who help.
>
> Ibly

Is it safe to assume that you've tried to use KDE's cron utility as well
? And that you've check that the "service" daemon is up and running?

--
Mon Nov 11 22:35:00 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389

Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #7:

Q:  What happened then?
A:  He told me, he says, "I have to kill you because you can identify