On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 05:32:37PM +0000, Jordan Elver wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a bit of a stupid question, but...how can I download quicktime movs
> from apple.com/quicktime or wherever without a plugin. All I want is the
> actual file, I don't want to stream it or anything.
>
> I tried looking at the HTML source, getting the src path and pasting into
> wget. It goes to download, says it has finished and nothing is saved?
>
> Am I being stupid or what?
>
> Thanks for any help, Cheers,
> Jord

The movies are probably referenced in such a way that you cannot
download and save them to your HD. They may use a "poster" movie, which
is just one frame of the movie (or any other graphic), then use href
tracks and other techniques to prevent people from saving the content.
What did the HTML source say?

Todd