-------Original Message-------
From: Chris Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 11/12/02 09:35 PM
To: newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [newbie] location of netscape/mozilla mail, address, bookmark files

> I just installed mozilla after having used netscape 7. I would like to
uninstall/delete Netscape but want to ensure I don't delete my settings,
bookmarks, address contacts, mail, mail settings.

Where would these be kept?
/usr/local/netscape and /usr/local/mozilla?

Any suggestions?

i686, Mandrake 9.0

--
Chris Edwards

Send email for alternate contact information
email | aim | icq | postal | cell | phone

Usually Netscape settings, etc. are located in your home directory in a directory
named .netscape (and Mozilla's are in .mozilla).  Your mail folder would be there,
too, unless you told it to put it somewhere else.

To be safe, you can rename the .netscape (mv .netscape .netscape-old) and then start
Mozilla and see if things still work and you have the bookmarks and mail folders you
expect.  If so, then you can delete the .netscape-old.

Joeb