On 13 Nov 2002 21:40:10 -0500
Terry Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> This should be an easy one for all you multimedia gurus :-)
>
> I'd like to 'stream' a local radio station. In looking through my mail
> archives I find that RealPlayer will work, Codeweaver's Crossover will
> allow you to run RealPlayer Windows or Windows MediaPlayer.
>
> Todd Slater mentioned Icecast a couple of months ago.
>
> What's today's best solution for streaming radio?
>
> TIA.
>
> Terry Smith
> Cape Cod USA

There are RPMs for RealPlayer, too. I believe it's version 8, still pretty
functional for the NPR stations I listen to.

There is also a RealServer that will run on Linux--I believe it is free
for a year, maximum 25 simultaneous connections.

Other than Icecast, I'm not aware of any other free (beer and speech)
streaming solutions.

Todd