With some valuable assistance from this list I succeeded in compiling my
first package from a tarball. Feeling smug I decided to try another using
checkinstall.
I get to the stage where checkinstall says "The package will be built
according to these values" and lists 10 values, I press enter to accept
them and then receive the following message "NOT-FOUND has no SOURCES
directory, Please write the path to the RPM source directory tree" I have
tried entering every path I can think of but I always get a repititioon of
the above message but with NOT-FOUND replaced by the path I have just
entered.
I end up having to Ctrl-C to get out of the loop.
Obviously I am too dim to understand what is meant by the SOURCE directory,
can anyone help me please?

TIA     Pete
Ardnamurchan    Scotland