On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 11:19, - netmaniac - wrote:
> I've upgraded the KDE desktop from the version 2.2 to 3.0.4. The upgrade
> proccess went ok but strange things are happenning. The desktop icons
> sometimes disapear and konqueror freezes all the time, forcing me to kill it
> and the KOffice no longer works.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> netmaniac

Every time that I've "upgraded" KDE, things were not good. I've found
that by getting rid of KDE then installing the "latest" is always the
better move. Sorry to say, mate.

Are you able to do that under your current circumstances?

(Or, if you're brave, what about deleting all references to KDE in your
home directory, then starting up KDE again? - there are "dotfiles" that
you can blow out - and as well, in the /tmp directory there are
references to KDE that can be wiped out as well)

Peace!

--
Fri Nov 15 11:25:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497
--------------------------------

Meantime, in the slums below Ronnie's Ranch, Cynthia feels as if some
one
has made voodoo boxen of her and her favorite backplanes. On this fine
moonlit night, some horrible persona has been jabbing away at, dragging
magnets over, and surging these voodoo boxen.  Fortunately, they seem to
have gotten a bit bored and fallen asleep, for it looks like Cynthia may
get to go home.  However, she has made note to quickly put together a
totem
of sweaty, sordid static straps, random bits of wire, flecks of once
meaniful
oxide, bus grant cards, gummy worms, and some bits of old pdp backplane
hang above the machine room.  This totem must be blessed by the old and
wise
venerable god of unibus at once, before the idolatization of vme, q and
pc
bus drive him to bitter revenge.  Alas, if this fails, and the voodoo
boxen
aren't destroyed,  there may be more than worms in the apple. Next, the
arrival of voodoo optico transmitigational magneto killer paramecium,
capable
of teleporting from cable to cable, screen to screen, ear to ear and
hoof
to mouth...