On Friday 15 November 2002 04:39 pm, Jordan Elver wrote:
> > urpmi <package> should automatically install that package and
> > also, if needed, offer up a list of packages which have to be
> > installed for it to work.
> >
> > However urpmf may be what you're after. This is very useful if
> > you are trying to compile some package from source and the
> > compiler throws out an error saying it can't find some particular
> > header or other and neither can you. Just go,
> >
> >     urpmf <file>  #without the <>'s
> >
> > and it should, hopefully, tell you which package or packages
> > contain it.
>
> urpmi does say that additional packagaes need to be installed,
> which is fine, I sais yes. It downloads them and then failes saying
> that something else is needed. Which I don't understand. I have
> texstar, mandrake disks (1,2 and 3) and a mandrake update source
> added, so why can't it find the missuing files? Unfortunately,
> urpmf doesn't seem to give anything when gieven the files missing.
> Weird.

Did you update your sources first?  Many mirrors change daily and you
should update your local source repository before trying to install
something.  urpmi will have trouble finding a dependency once in a
while and I end up installing myself.  But mot, if you update your
sources it can find just about all it needs.
urpmi.update -a
hth,
-s