Sorry for such very "newbie" questions, but I am lost!

Is there a good tutorial on downloading and installing packages from the
Internet? The Package Manager section of the Mandrake manual is far too
sketchy for me: it hardly mentions it.

I have no problems installing from the disks, or doing an update from a mirror
site. However, I can't find out how to get the Package Manager to give me a
list of all the packages available on a particular site, or on the "cooker"
site, and install any I have selected (with dependencies). The only way I
have found, is to manually go to the appropriate folder on the site, download
the file to my harddrive by dragging it, and then run KPackage to install it.

However, with one package I have tried, KPackage gives me a list of about
twelve dependencies (mainly libraries) which need to be installed.

I then tried running urpmi from the command line, as I thought that program
took care of finding and installing packages and dependencies, but it didn't.
It failed the installation with the list of dependencies. I even tried it
when connected to the mirror.

I have followed the "Finding Dependencies" thread and tried all the
suggestions given. But none work for me.

So if anyone can point me to a good tutorial, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Keith