Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 17 Nov 2002 2:26 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 17 Nov 2002 11:11 am, Anne Wilson wrote:

One thing is panicking me a little - I can't find my old korganiser file.
Nor do I see how to import it (I presume 3.0 won't simply use a copied
file?)

I'm going on a hunt now for kaddressbook, and I assume that might have a
similar problem.

Unfortunately lilo did not pick up 8.2, and I cannot boot into it. I had
thought that one solution to my address and calendar problems was to
export the files, but since I can't access them that's out.

I tried editing lilo.conf to look like this:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
label=Mandrake 9.0
root=/dev/hdf1
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi"
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
label=Mandrake 8.2
root=/dev/hde6
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi"
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
label=failsafe
root=/dev/hdf1
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="devfs=nomount hdc=ide-scsi failsafe"
read-only

but it didn't work - I still only got one linux option + the usual
failsafe, windows, floppy.

I don't know whether too persevere trying to fix this or not. If I can
get my kaddressbook and korganiser files in I'm not worried about
anything else.

I think I have found the organiser, but can't open it, and the only import
option is ical.

This is desperately important to me - my whole life is in that organiser!

Anne

You need totake a bit more care of your lilo stanzas.
For a start , define the kernels and initrd files to boot from, here is
mine,

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
vga=791
default=82-2.4.18-6
keytable=/boot/uk.klt
lba32
prompt
nowarn
timeout=200
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
ignore-table
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-6mdk
label=82-2.4.18-6
root=/dev/hda7
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.18-6mdk.img
append="devfs=mount hdd=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi nobiospnp"
vga=791
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-16mdk
label=90-2.4,19-16mdk
root=/dev/hda6
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.19-16mdk.img
append="quiet devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi nobiospnp"
vga=791
read-only

other=/dev/hda1
label=W2000
table=/dev/hda
other=/dev/fd0
label=floppy
unsafe

this is a share /boot partition setup, I think yours is the same.

Of course, it will be the vmlinuz version statement, won't it? I have to go out for a while now, but I'll look at that when I get back, thanks.

Anne

That's right and the initrd version to suit. If you install lilo via M9.0 cd1 ,
I'm pretty sure it will splay the kernel and intrd version available to you
in the /boot partition.It certainly does in the mandrake installer version
of lilo install, though you will need to sellect from a drop down list on each
entry item.
John

--
John Richard Smith