Hello Tony.

Thanks for your reply in answer to my problem that I could not get urpmi or
the Control Panel Software Management to recognise the new sources I had
entered.

I removed the old ones, and entered them again when connected to the Internet,
as you said I should.

It now works - at least in the Control Panel. I haven't experimented with
using urpmi to install packages, yet.

Manual package installation is even better now that I have replaced Kpackage
with Gurpmi, as Derek recommended.

I am only running the "Download Edition" of Mandrake, as I want to check it
out. I am not very pleased with the latest version of my current
distribution, and am thinking of changing to Mandrake. If I decide to change,
I will buy the boxed set. Thanks to the help from this list with a couple of
"teething troubles" I have had, Mandrake has gone up considerably in my
estimation!

Very many thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Keith