I would like to update a Squid Server which has Mandrake Linux 8.0 and
with Squid-2.3.STABLE4-5mdk on it.
I have also been asked to put updated versions of php
and apache on the machine.

As this is being used by a school and it is some 50 miles from my home
I feel I need to be sure I do have everything I need when I go.
I have downloaded the 3 Mandrake 9.0 isos and burned the CD's
I have installed this on my home machine.

Can I safely choose to do an update rather than an install?
Or can I use Mandrake Update over the internet?
If so, are there any files I should back up to floppy before
I start?

The school has a fast internet connection not just a modem

Once it is installed I would allow it to do the updates it requests
especially the security and bug-fixes?
Any help would be much appreciated.

tia
Norm