On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Paul Hendrick wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been looking through the contents of the applications cd that are included
> in my linux-mandrake powerpack distro, and in the /RPMS folder, there are a lot
> of files.  All of these are shortcuts.  I've been trying to run q3test that I
> downloaded but it won't work.  I have been told to try the version that was
> included with my distribution, but I can't find the file which isn't a shortcut.
> How  do I install the rpm?

Would you believe me if i told you i've never held a power pack..

Heres some basic search tools.

# Find a file
find /path/you/want/to/start/searching/in -type f \
        -name '*name_to_look_for*'
# Find a directory
find /path/you/want/to/start/searching/in -type d \
        -name '*name_to_look_for*'

--
What ever happend to the unix 101 person :(